Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Eggs

Since Easter is right around the corner I have seen a lot of articles that mention eggs. Whether it is talking about how to dye, decorate or decoupage eggs or how to cook them.


We are never without eggs at our house....which is a good thing!


Lately, Lee has been making spinach omelets...yummy!


If I have a real abundance of eggs I start making quiches and freezing them. They come in handy on days when I come home & don't want to cook.


We experimented with pickled eggs......you'll have to ask Lee about that one. He said the pickled eggs made a "mean" egg salad.



Anybody have some egg recipes they want to share?

I'll post the sausage quiche recipe that my family loves.



In the spirit of Easter we will have a limited amount of all white eggs for sale at both the Davidson & Salisbury Farmer's Markets on Saturday.



Contact us by email or Facebook if you would like us to hold you a carton.



Easter Fact:

61,000,000 dozen eggs (732 million individual eggs) are sold during the week leading up to Easter, a 45% increase above average sales, according to the Nielsen Company.

Now that's a lot of eggs!



No comments:

Post a Comment