Friday, August 26, 2011

Where in the World is WTF???

I know we have been almost non-existent this past month. I wish I had a good story to tell you but the truth is that we have been EXTREMELY busy with just our everyday life & duties.




We very much need a vacation but when you have a farm & animals vacations almost never happen. So we decided that we would do a few day trips. You may remember that we took the boys on a canoe trip to the New River.



Charlie also celebrated his birthday this summer so my parents treated our family to an overnight trip to Great Wolf Lodge.




This is a picture of the boys in the room with their swimming suits on ready to go to the water park. We had a lot of fun. Rosty has already requested this for his birthday too!



Lee & I were able to get away for a total of 26 hours......Don't laugh we enjoyed every hour that we were away! We were in the Linville Falls area. So we hiked to the falls....I realized how out of shape I was and it wasn't a long hike at all!




We missed the excitement though......


This happened the day before we were there




We decided to take the Blue Ridge Parkway home....




& stop for a picnic.



The Menu:


WTF pepperoni & salami with cheese & crackers


Cantaloupe wrapped in WTF prosciutto


Homemade salsa & chips


Plums



School also started this week














I took my camera to the farm & took some pics of the animals & I have ideas for blog topics tucked away in my mind so hopefully we'll be back on track next week with new blog entries.



Thanks for your continues support of WTF.






No comments:

Post a Comment