Monday, July 18, 2011

What does WTF do for fun???

Sometimes you just gotta have some fun!


We woke yesterday morning & Lee said "Let's go canoeing!"


As a family we had never been canoeing before & it has probably been 15 years since I have been in a canoe but I thought it sounded fun & I thought the kids would love playing in the water.


We drove up to Jefferson, NC to New River Outfitters.


I was a little nervous on the way up because it was looking dark in the direction we were going but we were 30 minutes away so we kept on. We got our canoe rented & loaded up in the van for them to take us to the drop off point and guess what....it started raining. luckily, it was a light rain & only lasted about 15 minutes. It never really warmed up even though the sun did try to peak out a few times.


We had a great time! Lee took his fishing rod & got to do a little fishing, the boys got to play in the water & I took my book but read the same paragraph 3 times so I just took pictures & watched the boys play! The water was just a little cold for me.....I know I'm a wimp!


I'm already planning our next trip....maybe we'll camp next time!


Charlie
My boys


Me & my boys


Rosty


The boys playing in the water





No comments:

Post a Comment