Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Back in the Kitchen

First, you start with apples


Then you enlist the help of a snaggle-toothed helper

Peeled apples.....

The finished product...yummy apples to enjoy this winter.


I asked Lee to pick me up some apples from the Davidson Farmer's Market on Saturday. I had big plans for what I was going to do with the apples but then something hit me like a ton of bricks. I laid down to rest at about 5 o'clock Saturday evening & did not get out of the bed until 8 o'clock the next morning but I felt SO MUCH better! I think sometimes our bodies know when enough is enough (at least mine does) and we have to slow down and rest.


There may still be a chance for making applesauce this week-end but if not we will have plenty of canned apples. Charlie has also requested apple cobbler but since this is Rosty's birthday week-end he has requested pumpkin pie. I think I'll make the pumpkin pie this week-end & the apple cobbler next week-end. I'm glad my kids enjoy yummy desserts like pumpkin pie (made with canned pumpkins from last year) & apple cobbler.


I also make a recipe called Slab Apple Pie. I cheat a little & use the pre-made pie shells & then freeze them. We have really enjoyed these & it's great to have a few of these in the freezer for when you need them!






No comments:

Post a Comment