Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Cooking WTF Style- Lamb Meatballs

I have decided to edge out of my comfort zone a little bit.  If you have ever asked me at the Farmer's Market about how I cook lamb or how to cook lamb my normal response is "I let my husband do it!"
 
 
I decided I needed to venture out & actually try to cook some lamb on my own.  I had a customer a few weeks ago who was buying ground lamb to make meatballs so I thought I'll try that.
 
The recipe that I used to help me get started with the meatballs can be found here.
 
I used a pack of ground lamb, mixed in some bread crumbs (leftover baguette from Chef Charles at the Davidson Farmer's Market), 1 egg, beaten, dried parsley, marjoram, salt & pepper.  I combined all the ingredients by hand & put it in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes (not 1 hour like suggested in the recipe).  Next, I rolled into balls.


 
As suggested by the recipe I cooked the meatballs in butter (YES, a whole stick of butter) & added the 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil. 
 
 
And here are my lamb meatballs.
 
 
According to the Farmer Lee.....I did overcook the meatballs just a little bit.  But the lamb shoulder chops that I cooked in all the leftover butter he said those were just right!
 
As luck would have it I got an email newsletter that include a recipe for spicy lamb.  So stay tuned.....


No comments:

Post a Comment