Monday, December 1, 2014

Last Turkey Post

 
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!  The WTF family sure did.
 
One thing I was really looking forward to this year was using the turkey carcass to make stock.  I have been using our chicken backs this year to make stock & I thought the turkey would be fun to try.
 
Last week I got an email newsletter that included a recipe for Next-Day Turkey Soup.  I did some tweaking to the recipe & this is what I came up with:
 
 Turkey Soup
1 leftover turkey carcass
Water
 Sliced carrots
 Chopped onion
Sliced celery
 Garlic, minced
Salt & pepper to taste
Dried Parsley
 
Place carcass & water in stock pot & bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover & simmer for 1 1/2 hours.  Remove carcass.


 Remove meat from bones & set aside.
 
 
 Discard bones, then strain broth & skim fat.
 
 
 Add carrots, onion, celery, garlic, salt & pepper & simmer for 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
 
 
 Add parsley & heat through.




 
The original recipe calls for adding cubed turkey meat but I left some meat on the carcass so there was no need to add extra. 

No comments:

Post a Comment