Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March pics

I love to take pictures of the animals but they don't always want to to cooperate with me.
For example, these baby pigs were laying beside their mom (that's her ear you can barely see to the right) sunning themselves. I was being very quiet so I could creep up on them & get a photo. But they heard me or rather they heard Bandit (you'll see his picture below) and they all got up. Oh well.....

Here are some of our laying hens.





Another picture of the hens



This is Lakota.
She is one of the Border Collies on the farm. She has been working at a dairy farm for the past year but she is back home with us now. She has really enjoyed being back home & seeing all the new animals.



Pigs





Pigs







I am always asked if we have turkeys at Wild turkey Farms. The answer is yes. These are our "barn turkeys." We do raise turkey for Thanksgiving but we do not have them for sell year-round.





Turkey


Chicken

This is my buddy Bandit. He is the father to my Border Collie, Freckles. We rescued Bandit before we were even married so we have had him for at least 9 years. He loves to run around at the farm but he is definitely not a working dog, he's just my buddy. I can never get a picture of Bandit because every time I try to take his picture he is in my face giving me kisses. So the only way to get his picture was to be in the picture with him.







No comments:

Post a Comment