Monday, March 8, 2010

What A Week-end!!

What a busy week-end we had at Wild Turkey Farms!!
On Saturday, we had the Davidson Tailgate Market. I appreciate all who came out. I was so busy I had to recruit some help (Thanks Patti!). I met a lot of new people at the Market. It's great to have new people come out.
Just to remind everyone of a few dates.
On March 27, 2010, we will have our second Charcuterie Class with Chef Charles. If you were at the Market I hope you took a few minutes to look at the photo books (we have one & Chef Charles).
We have a few spots left but they are filling up fast....so hurry!
May 15, 2010, will be our first Open House, Farm Tour & Pig Pickin' at the Farm. We participated in 2 farm tours last year & have done countless tours on our own but this is our first official Open House. We hope that you'll support us on this.
More details to come.
If you are interested in volunteering let me know!!
While I was at the DFM Lee was at a farm auction. He got a lot of good deals. He bought a trailer frame, lumber, pig feeders, an auger & probably a few more things that I don't know about;-) The plan for the trailer is to build another movable chicken coop. That should keep everyone happy! More chickens mean more eggs!
And speaking of eggs.....I actually went home with a couple of dozen on Saturday. I always sell out. That's alright though I made Lee & the boys homemade banana bread so they were all glad I had eggs leftover!
By the time Lee got home from the auction with all his goodies it was 7 o'clock so we did not do anything more than we had to at the farm. But Sunday afternoon it was such a nice day so we unloaded all the goodies from the auction and did several other tasks.
I had my camera so I went around and took some pictures (Stayed tuned....I will post tomorrow or if you can't wait they are on FB).

2 comments:

  1. We tried your hotdogs yesterday for lunch and OMGish were they ever delicious! Do you know when the market starts every weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad ya'll liked them!!

    The Market starts for the summer season on May 1, 2010. The hours will be 8 am to 12 noon.

    We will be at the Market again on March 20th. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete