Wednesday, May 4, 2011

CSA Week 3

Another week at WTF & another tasty CSA box!






This weeks box includes:


Spinach

Kale

Swiss Chard

Kohlrabi

Broccoli

Onion



One of my favorite parts of the CSA has been how excited everyone is pick up their boxes & see what is in them. And like I have stated in the other posts sometimes you have NO CLUE what the vegetable is or what to do with it. So that is why I am trying to offer small tidbits of info every week.






I know you can do the same thing that I have done which is to Google whatever the vegetable is & find your own info but it's been fun for me to broaden my culinary experience as well.





One of my favorite recipe finds has been kale chips.


I have found various recipes with different cooking temps & cooking times. This is what has worked for me though.



Rinse & pat dry kale. Line baking sheet with parchment paper & lay kale in a single layer. Then drizzle olive oil & salt over the kale. Like a lot of cooks I don't really measure.....but do remember that the kale will shrink up so don't over salt. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.



Can you say yummy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment