Thursday, August 28, 2014

Cooking WTF Style-Ham Steak

 
To say that the summer flew by is an understatement.  The start of school means a lot of different things to people for us it means Lee gets a lot more done at the farm because his "farm help" isn't there & for me it means I get back into the cooking groove.
 
During the summer I do a lot of week-end cooking & we do a lot of eating of leftovers thru the week.  Or we eat A LOT of vegetables & other goodies we have gotten from the Farmer's Market.
 
I'm also busy canning & freezing so we have plenty to eat during the fall & winter so I don't feel like cooking!
 
Our menu for the first week of school has been:
 
Monday
 Lamb Burger Sliders (WTF Lamb)
Steamed Broccoli (WTF Garden/Frozen)
Apples (Davidson Farmer's Mkt./Canned)
 
Tuesday
Ham Steak (WTF Pork)
Crowder Peas (WTF Garden/Canned)
Bread (Grocery Store)
served with Butter (Davidson Farmer's Mkt.) & Peach Jam (Peaches & Cream peaches canned by me)
Pickles (Correll Farms cucumbers canned by me)
 
Wednesday
Tacos/Burritos (WTF Chorizo)
served with Funky Pepper Salsa (Salisbury Farmer's Market)
 
 
So we are off to a good start for the school year.
*****
 
 
Now, for one of my easy, easy meals.....Ham Steak.
 
Thaw it, season it & toss it on the George Foreman Grill.  How much simpler can we get?

No comments:

Post a Comment