Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Cooking WTF Style- Sausage Balls

 
Our oldest son LOVES when I make sausage balls, it is one of his favorites so I try to make them at least once a month.
 
I had a friend who commented one time that she only had sausage balls at Christmas not at the WTF house, we love them!
 
My recipe comes from a church cookbook.  Those cookbooks usually have lot of good tried & true recipes in them.
 
 
 
I don't know why but I could not get the photo to turn. 
 I'll post the recipe at the end of the post.


Simple ingredient list just 3 items.
Sausage
Bisquick
Shredded cheese



Just a quick note here....I use to make my own Bisquick mix but I have found that actually using Bisquick works better than the Basic Mix recipe.
 
 
Also, I prefer to buy block cheese & shred it myself.  I normally use more than 1 cup of cheese since I shred it myself & I don't use 3 cups of Bisquick.  You wouldn't expect me to follow a recipe exactly now would you?
 
 
 
After mixing the ingredients together, roll them into balls & bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.



Then forget to take a picture until they are all almost gone!
But I can assure you everyone in the family LOVED them!!
 
 
 
Sausage Balls
3 cups Bisquick
1 lb. sausage
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix ingredients together & roll into balls.  Bake for  15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment