Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Cooking From the Farmer's Market- Peppers

GREEN SALSA
 
 
The past 3 weeks I have loaded up on peppers at the Farmer's Market. As we have learned I'm not good at following recipes so my recipe for Green Salsa includes what I have on hand.  This week it was:
Tomatillas
Jalepenos
Cilantro
Lime Juice
Garlic
 
Be creative!
If you don't have cilantro don't use it.  If you have some other peppers throw them in there, do it.
 
I have made Green Salsa 3 weeks in a row & each time was a different "recipe" based on what I had gotten at the Farmer's Market or had at home.
 
 
I started with a variety of peppers



Tomatillas
- the husk need to be removed-




 Chop all the peppers & place on a baking sheet.
I also added garlic.

 
 
Then place in the oven under the broiler.
I like mine to get a nice char to them.





 Put in a blender with anything else you want to add such as lime juice or cilantro.
 
 
 
 
And there you have Green Salsa!
 
 
***Peppers provided by Correll Farms***


No comments:

Post a Comment