Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Sausage Quiche WTF Style

I know you think I haven't been cooking lately but I have.....
 
I have taken lots of pictures over the past few weeks of our food but there is only so much I can say about grilling ribs or making meatballs.  Although, I probably will share the meatball recipe in another post....a post where I remember to take pictures of said meatballs!
 
Todays recipe is Sausage Quiche.
 
WTF sells bulk breakfast sausage in mild, mild extra sage, hot & maple.
 
I used mild breakfast sausage in the following recipe.
 
It's a really simple recipe & of course I had to add my own spin on things.  I had some broccoli from the garden that I had frozen.  I chopped it up & added it to the mixture.
 
The other variation from the recipe is that I baked the pie shell in the oven for about 3-4 minutes then poked a few holes in it & put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
 
First, we are going to brown the sausage & drain.
WTF Mild Breakfast Sausage

WTF Jumbo Eggs
 
Then combine the eggs, milk, salt & pepper & stir in the sausage.
(this is where you would also add in your extra things like broccoli or mushrooms if you choose)



Place part of the cheese mixture on the pie crust that you preheated
(see my comment above), pour the egg/sausage mixture into the pie shell & cover with the remaining cheese.

 
 
After baking at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. 
 Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment