Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Cooking From the Farmer's Market- Strawberries

 
My family has gone through about 8 gallons of strawberries in the past month.  The majority we have eaten but as always I have to put some in the freezer to enjoy later in the year. 
 
So if you wanted to freeze strawberries what would you need to do.
 
First, local strawberries


Second, a cute little helper


After washing the strawberries & cutting them


Line a baking sheet (or 5) with wax paper & place the strawberries in a single layer


Sprinkle with sugar (if desired)


Freeze until solid


Package & Label


Just wanted to make a quick note about labeling your bounty.  I normally write on my packages the item & amount, the year & what farm I got the fruit/vegetable from.
 
 
I don't always measure out what I freeze but with the berries I find it easier this way.
 
You can also freeze other berries in this way too.
 

 
This website is a great resource:
 
 
Strawberries purchased from
Twin Oaks Farm
China Grove, NC
 

No comments:

Post a Comment