Monday, May 12, 2014

Stuffed Peppers WTF Style

Most Saturdays at the Farmer's Market I am giving out recipes that I use in my own kitchen.  Since like most of you I am busy working mom I need quick & simple recipes. This isn't one of my quickest recipes but it is so good...and it uses things that you will find at the Farmer's Market (maybe not next week but soon).
 
 
I started with WTF Cajun Sausage which I remove from the casings but you could use any of our sausages.


Next, I browned the meat & cooked some rice.
 
The bell peppers that I used  this time had been frozen from last year but you can also use fresh bell peppers.  I suggest boiling them about 5-7 minutes.
 
I also used tomatoes that I had canned from last summer.
 
 
I mixed the cooked Cajun sausage, cooked rice & tomatoes together & then stuffed  the bell peppers.  I always have extra "stuffing" so I place it in my glass baking dish & then nestle the peppers in the meat mixture.  Don't forget to add some cheese.
 
I then cook at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes



Then they come out of the oven looking like this! Yum!!


No comments:

Post a Comment