Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Cooking from the Farmer's Market- Blackberries

As I mentioned yesterday I did a lot of cooking over the week-end but not many pictures.
 
We had some friends coming over on Saturday evening so I wanted to use some of the vegetables & fruit that we got at the Farmer's Market.
 
Our menu was WTF hamburgers & chicken wings prepared by Farmer/Chef Lee.
 
He had also purchased some cheese at the Davidson Farmer's Market from Cold Water Creek  Farms which we used on our hamburgers & our guest brought focaccia from Millstone Meadows Farm.
 
I then sliced squash, zucchini & onions from Correll Farms added salt, pepper & butter & placed them in foil packs on the grill.
 
I also had tomatillo & jalepenos from Correll Farms that I used to make a green salsa.  Stay tuned next week for that recipe.  It was awesome so I will remember to take pictures next week & post the recipe!!!
 
For dessert I used Peaches n' Cream blackberries to make a Blackberry Cobbler.  The Phillip's Family sells at both the Salisbury Farmer's Market & the Davidson Farmer's Market.
 
The recipe I used for the cobbler can be found here.
 
I'll do better next week at taking pictures!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment